Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Among my New Year's "Revolutions," as Oliver calls then, is to get back to writing here more regularly--mostly for myself because it's a good place for me to capture thoughts--but also for any of you who check in on us this way. At my yoga class today, the instructor talked about making resolutions from a place of abundance rather than from a place of lack. I liked that because it focused me on building on the positive and helps me look forward to what I'd like to have in my life instead of looking backward at what I feel like I did poorly.

Our first week of Christmas vacation saw just the four of us here. We got in 2 days of skiing at nearby Eldora Ski Area. The kids played a lot and it seems Adam and I rushed around (too much!) preparing for the arrival of Santa. It was a Lego Christmas here, various Lego kits being on the top of both of the kids' lists.

The day after Christmas brought us most but not all of the Baker clan. We had thirteen of us here, including two cousins that are the boys' ages and our almost two year-old nephew/cousin, the newest Baker addition. It was fun to see the older kids play with him. As he's just starting to talk, the kids spent lots of time asking him, "Can you say . . . ?" Among the words they taught him were lightbulb, waterbottle, mountain!

We had a great time. We had a day of skiing together, walks around the lake, lots of good good (lots of good cooks!), a trip for some of the group to Rocky Mountain National Park, hiking and yoga. With thirteen of us here and three cars, one which is not very snow worthy, trips as a group almost required a flow chart and seating chart. Happily, we never left anyone behind!

Our house is VERY quiet now and we miss everyone. And I'm trying to figure out where the small ladle, kitchen shears and the vegetable peeler is.

No comments:

Post a Comment